Sunday, January 6, 2008

Alvin and the Chipmunks


During the summer I spend a lot of time playing with Big Sister because she wants to be outside constantly. Being 5 years old, she's too young to be out by herself. So I'm always with her playing. In the winter, we're inside mostly and it's easy to get caught up in cleaning, laundry and other chores while she's playing.
I realized earlier this week that I have been coming home, eating dinner and then basically putting her to bed. No wonder she acts like I neglect her. I have been.

So today I decided to drop off little sister at Grandma's house and we went to see Alvin and the chipmunks. Great movie! Big Sister was dancing in the aisles and singing along, much to the chagrin of some of those sitting around us. One person started to tell her to shush and I squashed that with a withering look.

I mean, she wasn't drowning out the movie or anything and besides it is a children's movie -- everyone there had kids and half of them were screaming on and off anyway.

I wouldn't have thought a one-year-old could be jealous, but when we got home Little Sister clung to me like scales on a fish and pushed Big Sister away when she came around. I guess I'll have to find alone time for LS now.

No comments: