Friday, January 11, 2008

My little Rachel Ray


Stephanie and I love to cook. Sometimes we use recipes, other times we just wing it. Most of the time we get a pretty healthy meal with lots of fresh ingredients.
Though she won't eat anything we make, Big Sister has picked up our love of cooking. She likes to watch cooking shows (Rachel Ray mostly) and then go to the kitchen and reenact what she just watched.
Big Sister pretends she's Rachel Ray and the parent helping is a little kid who she is teaching to cook. So, the entire time it's, "OK little kid, the first thing you do is get out all the vegetables."
It's really cute. At first we did a lot of the preparation for her and just made her think she was doing it. Then we moved to letting her make the salads. I'll tell you, she makes a mean salad -- they're usually so big I don't need a meal to go with them.
Her repertoire has expanded recently though and the last week or two she has actually done all of the cooking! Last night I took Little Sister to the store while Stephanie stayed home to cook supper.
When I got back she said, "Big Sister cooked the entire meal. I cleaned the freezer while she did it." I think those were some of the best tacos I have ever eaten.
I can't wait to see what she will cook tommorow.

No comments: