Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rock a bye


I feel it slipping away. I want my girls to grow up, but it hurts watching it happen. Most of the time I am excited to see them reach milestones, but tonight I just wanted to cry.
The last couple of weeks I've written about Little sister and the new exciting things she's done. One thing I'm glad she hasn't grown past is being rocked to sleep at night.
Some will say it's a bad habit to get into, but I feel closer to her at that point than any other during the day. There are nights that she will cry and scream awhile, but she always ends up resting her head on my shoulder and drooling down my shirt.
That's right, I leave her room soaked to the skin and I like it. There's nothing like having a baby fall asleep on your shoulder.
I've already lost that with Big sister. In fact, I readily pushed it away. We did everything we could to get her to go to sleep on her own.
Maybe I won't be in such a big hurry to let the little one grow up.

No comments: