Monday, July 28, 2008

An ocean in my bathroom


When I get up in the morning, I stumble into the bathroom and turn on the water in the shower. I don't even bother turning on the light. If I didn't feel grimy and smell funky, I think bathing would probably come second to an extra 10-15 minutes of sleep.
It's an afterthought.
How I long for the days when taking a bath or a shower was an adventure. Believe me I've tried to pretend I'm a pirate pillaging the south seas, but it just doesn't seem to be as exciting for me as it does for my little girls.
I have to smile as big sister says, "here comes a big wave, don't let it tip over your sailboat!" Of course the smile includes a half grimace as the wave eclipses the edge of the tub soaks the bathmat on the other side.
Oh well, I guess that's why we have dryers.
The other difference between them and me is how we view empty soap and shampoo bottles. I see them as something I kick aside and think, "I really should take that to the recycling." They see them as squirt guns.
Walk into the bathroom without peeking around the corner cautiously and you're likely to get caught by the child hiding just under the edge of the tub in wait.
Again, a smile, with just a half grimace. You have to admire the creativity, but the mess -- who really wants to clean it up?

No comments: