Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It looks like her


It's funny how we build our identities. Some of who we are is likely ingrained. I say this because I never met my father, he died when I was 2 years old, yet people who knew him are often struck with how much I act like him.
My mom tells me this all the time.
But I believe a large part of it also depends on environment. It's hard to make any generalities, because Little sister was a baby when she got glasses, but I have noticed that both girls tend to want baby dolls that look like them. Little Sister just exemplified this thought the other day when the beautiful wife and I went to pick her up at grandmas.
The baby she was pushing around had glasses on its face. Just six months ago when we were struggling to keep the frames on her face, who would have thought that, today, she would identify herself as a girl with glasses.
I don't know what this means exactly, but it was a cool observation (mostly the beautiful wife's, I sort of stole this one from her.)

No comments: