Saturday, September 6, 2008

Milestone birthday

I took an entire week off. I turned off the phone (well at least I ignored). I told my staff not to call me unless the world was ending.
I did all of this because my baby was turning 6 years old today. It's a big milestone for Big sister and I wasn't missing it. We got up every morning and got her ready for school and walked her to the bus stop. I went each day to pick her up from school and helped make her lunch.
Oh yeah, and I did several projects around the house. But mostly I spent a week enjoying the last couple of days of my baby's final moments as a 5-year-old.
And today was certainly a good capper to that week. The beautiful wife was off work too and she planned a play date with Big sister's friends at the park as well as a special birthday dinner with the family.
I think it was the most enjoyable birthday we've had. We involved fewer people at a time (my mom and dad came down on Thursday), so everyone got more quality minutes with each of us.
But best of all, we told everyone to tone down the presents. We got only a couple of things that we will have to find homes for in Big sister's room.
The cake was good too. I know Little sister enjoyed it.

No comments: